Honey Lemon Mint Chia Drink RecipeApril 20, 2017
Quinoa Salad RecipeJune 12, 2017
A simple to make granola to fuel your morning. Best served with yogurt or milk.
Ingredients (makes 750g Granola)
- 50g white quinoa
- 25g chia seeds
- 240g old-fashioned rolled oats
- 100g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 180ml honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- 200g dried fruits (cherries, raisins, apricots), diced if in large pieces
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the dried fruits and the egg white into a granola mixture.
- Whisk the egg white in a separate bowl until frothy and mix into the granola mixture, stir well to combine.
- Spread out the mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place it in the oven.
- Bake for about 50mins to an hour. Halfway through the baking time, use a large flat spatula to gently flip over the granola in sections, taking care not to break them up. The granola should be done when the top layer is evenly browned and the mixture feels dry to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely under room temperature to allow the granola to set its shape.
- Once cool, break the granola into clusters and fold in the dried fruit.
- Keep in an airtight container at room temperature.